5.11 RUSH / MOAB series bags + 5.11 Tier System
Primary Purpose / Usage
All purpose hiking, military, Law Enforcement, Survival, Go Bag, Etc.
5.11 makes a high quality line of backpacks and sling bags that can be used in a variety of situations
$69 – $169 depending on which bag.
Features / Tech Specs
- Water-resistant 1050D nylon (MultiCam®: 1000D nylon)
- Wrap-around MOLLE/5.11 SlickStick® web platform
- Internal multi-slot admin compartment
- Zippered fleece-lined eyewear pocket
- Hook and loop nametape and flag patches
- Hydration pocket
- Two external compression straps
- Contoured yoke shoulder strap system / Sling System
- Self-repairing YKK® zippers
- Glove-friendly pull tabs
MOAB 10 Sling Bag: 1093 cubic inches, 18 liters
RUSH 12 Backpack: 1476 cubic inches, 24 liters
RUSH 24 Backpack: 2275 cubic inches, 37 liters
RUSH 72 Backpack: 3342 cubic inches, 55 liters
I really was interested in this line of bags due to the TIER system. The bags are built for professional use.
Materials / Construction
These bags are well made with quality components and stitching. As with most bags these days the buckles are plastic are prone to damage.
Depending on the bag, 5.11 has these colors available.
- Flat Dark Earth (Coyote)
- OD green
- Sandstone (muted tan, my favorite)
- Double Tap (Gray bag with black molle)
- Storm (Grey)
Organization / Options
All of the bags in these lines have an abundance of compartments to help organize all of your items. The MOAB sling bags each have a special CCW ready hidden pocket to conceal your firearm.
Comfort / Fit
The RUSH backpacks are very comfortable to wear. You will need to adjust the chest strap though as it was up in my neck in the configuration that they sent it in from the factory.
You will be able to beat the crap out of this bag and it will hold up. These bags are very functional and can be combined together using the 5.11 TIER system to boost capability.
Pros – What they got right
- Solid Construction
- 5.11 Tier System is what sold me.
- CCW pouches in the MOAB sling bags
- Able to accept ballistic plates in a specially designed section
- Very Comfortable to wear
Cons – What they could improve
- It would be really nice if these big bag manufacturers would include a waist belt on their bags. You are paying the money and I kinda expect the little things like that.
- I wish they made their entire line of bags in the storm grey color. That would be my go to color if bags were available.
This series of bags are tough and have a good amount of internal organization. The TIER system is one of my favorite things about this line. Really any bag with molle straps on the flanks can use the TIER system as well. You can buy the TIER straps separately. I definitely recommend looking in to the 5.11 RUSH / MOAB line of bags if you are in the market. I own all of them except the RUSH 72 but the quality is the same on all of them.
SRG’s Overall Rating (4 out of 5)
Get Yours Here at Amazon.com